Monday, February 7, 2011

Un Poquito de Quito





I'm in Quito! This is my blog to let ya'll know how I'm doing and what I'm up to in Quito. Right now I am avoiding my homework (yeah I'm as surprised as you are that there is homework abroad) and decided that it was high time to start my blog. This post will be all over the place, but no me importa.


Today I went to a market with some new friends from the program as part of "Immersion Experience 2" and I saw a thousand fruits that I didn't recognize. My host sister (who is fabulous) has been teaching me some fruit names, like tomate del arbol and naranjilla, but most of them I forget the second we move on to a new topic. After the market we went to this cute coffee shop that Anna recommended to me. The Cuban manager is very sweet and remembered me from the last couple times I'd been and we joked about how I always order americanos.

Speaking Spanish isn't nearly as scary as it was before. I still make tons of mistakes, of course, but I'm not terrified of speaking. The first night I was with my family, I was super excited, but also so stressed about my Spanish. Now I can keeping talking through my mistakes, which allows me to get way more said.

It's late now, so toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment