Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm a natural!

Well maybe not a natural, but my first week of teaching went surprisingly well. I have a class of adults in the morning who are really good and motivated so that is lovely. I think they mostly like me, though they seem a little skeptical about my teaching abilities. In the afternoon I am scheduled for a sub period and I have subbed every day so far. It's been mostly good and only a little not good, so I count that as a success. I'm glad that I'm getting started and getting more experience because that, in turn, makes me feel more confident and relaxed. There are a lot of things to learn about the bureaucracy and procedure, but luckily there are a lot of people to ask. I haven't made any best friends yet, but people are nice and I have chatted with some people in the teachers' lounge. I miss my friends though. I wish I could just bring all the people I love with me wherever I go. But overall, things are going well and I am mostly feeling pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment