Sunday, August 12, 2012

Speaking Spanish

So the whole speaking Spanish thing is going pretty well I think. But there are still quite a few basic words that I don't know. For example, I can't seem to learn the word for "bowl." It is "tazon" and I am writing it here on the off-chance that it helps me remember it (or, perhaps, one of you dear readers has had a similar problem with the word bowl). Another that I have managed to learn but not to pronounce is "sartén" which  sounds more like "saltine" to me, and means frying pan.

I try to get Andres to practice English with me sometimes. We came up with some times that generally work best, like when we are practicing dancing or singing (because then at least I can feel like I can speak properly, even if I am terrible at other things) and in the evenings at home. The rest of the time I try to speak all Spanish, though I have to admit that I slip up and say English words or phrases somewhat frequently.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, "bowl" is such a pain..!! In Mexico they tend to say "plato ondo" but frankly, I just try to avoid using bowls...solid solution.

    ReplyDelete