Saturday, July 14, 2012

Call for recipes!

So, who wants to help me learn to cook?? There are some restrictions though. First and foremost, the oven is broken and not likely to be fixed. I have a lot of beef, chicken, rice, and potatoes to work with.

Catherine, bless her, has already given me a few ideas. Broccoli beef, stir fry, quinoa...

And I am looking for more help! Some simple sauces and simple combination ideas would be awesome! Let me know what you think :). I have the comments set so that people with gmail accounts can post and you can post "anonymously" without an account.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.shutterbean.com/

    Everything on here that we have tried so far is awesome. This is where the broccoli soup comes from.

    As you know, I like soups. Chicken and rice soup is good- I think there's a Greek chicken, lemon and rice soup- and chicken, potatoes and carrots or some other vegetable. That's nice particularly if the chicken is on the bone, because you can just throw it in the pot and cook it for a long time and then take it off the bone when it's cooked so you don't have to play with raw chicken.

    Peanut sauce is good and easy if you like that. Good luck and let me know if you want more ideas.

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beck-a-loo! We're going to try to make Mexican pulled chicken tonight (!) I'll let you know how it goes

    ReplyDelete