Sunday, April 28, 2013

Visitors exploring Quito

So while Mom and Dad were here, I had to start teaching a new cycle. That meant that every afternoon, I sent them off into the great yonder to fend for themselves in Quito. I'm not gunna lie, I was a little worried they would get robbed or sick or something, especially the first day. Of course, when I told Becky that before they came she assured me that they had traveled before, they were resourceful, and they are very positive people so in the event that something did happen, they would be fine. Luckily, they were perfectly fine, as Becky had said they would be, and I was able to relax after their first successful solo outing. They will have to tell you everything they saw, but the highlights were a bus tour around old town, a trip to the Casa de La Cultura, and spending a lot of time at Parque La Carolina, more time than I had previously thought possible.

Another highlight was, of course, meeting Andres' family. Andres and I got some practice with our translation skills. Jeez, that is harder than it looks! Mom trotted out her Spanish and had conversations with Magdalena and Fransisco, and Dad was game as ever. Fransisco took us to the Panecillo, a giant hill in the middle of the city with a giant statue of the Virgin on top.

Cami is the best model


She's giant!

P.S. For those of your who are a little less computer-inclined, you can click on the photos to see a bigger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment